Updates on Legislative JHA Items
The Finnish Council Presidency updated the JHA Ministers about the progress achieved on current legislative proposals in the area of freedom, security and justice during its presidency at the Council meeting on 2-3 December 2019. In the area of home affairs, the proposals include:
- Regulation on preventing the dissemination of terrorist content online;
- Home affairs funds (Asylum and Migration Fund, Internal Security Fund, Border Management and Visa Instrument Fund);
- ETIAS consequential amendments;
- Regulation on the False and Authentic Documents Online (FADO) system;
- Visa Information System (VIS) Regulation;
- Schengen Borders Code.
- In the area of justice, progress on following files is reported (among others):
- Regulation on European Production and Preservation Orders for electronic evidence in criminal matters (e-Evidence Regulation) and Directive on legal representatives for gathering e-evidence in criminal proceedings;
- Relevant funds (Justice Programme and the Rights and Values Programme);
Directive on the Protection of persons reporting on breaches of Union law (Whistleblowing Directive).