State of Play of Current Legislative JHA Proposals
At the video conference meeting of the ministers of justice of the EU Member States on 4 June 2020, the Croatian Council Presidency informed the ministers about the state of play of current legislative proposals in the areas of justice and home affairs. The overview includes:
- Regulation on preventing the dissemination of terrorist content online (TCO): trilogue with the EP has advanced, several articles have been agreed on;
- Consequential amendments in relation to ETIAS: trilogues are yet to start;
- Regulation on European Production and Preservation Orders for electronic evidence in criminal matters (e-Evidence Regulation): the EP’s final position is still awaited;
- JHA funds: Asylum and Migration Fund, Internal Security Fund, BorderManagement and Visa Instrument Fund: Croatian Presidency prepared the ground for a Council position;
- EU Justice, Rights and Values Fund: Justice Programme and Rights and Values Programme: agreement on these funds by the EP and Council is subject to their overall agreement on the EU’s next long-term budget.
Eucrim regularly reports on these legislative proposals.