Slovenian Presidency: State of Play of Legislative JHA Items
At the meeting of the Justice and Home Affairs Ministers of the EU Member States on 7 October 2021, the Slovenian Council Presidency presented an overview of the state of play of current legislative dossiers in the fields of security and criminal/civil justice. These include:
- Proposal for a Regulation introducing a screening of third-country nationals at the external borders (presented by the Commission in September 2020);
- Proposal for amending the Europol Regulation as regards Europol’s cooperation with private parties, the processing of personal data by Europol in support of criminal investigations, and Europol’s role on research and innovation;
- Proposal for a new Regulation on the establishment and operation of an evaluation and monitoring mechanism to verify the application of the Schengen acquis;
- Legislative package on e-evidence;
- Proposals regarding alignment of EU instruments in the field of criminal law with EU rules on the protection of personal data;
- Regulation on e-CODEX.