EPPO Establishes Advisory Board for Asset Recovery and Money Laundering
By decision 042/2022 of 28 September 2022, the EPPO College established an asset recovery and money laundering advisory board (ARMLAB). It is a central body within the EPPO, building up expertise as well as facilitating and streamlining EPPO’s strategic objectives in the fields of asset recovery and money laundering.
The ARMLAB will be composed of three European Prosecutors and one member of the Operations and College Support Unit. Its tasks will inter alia be:
- Preparing draft proposals for general guidelines of the EPP0 in the fields of asset recovery and money laundering;
- Promoting the sharing of good practices;
- Engaging and representing the EPP0, vis-a-vis relevant stakeholders and counterparts;
- Serving as a consultative body in legislative and evaluation procedures on issues of asset recovery and money laundering;
- Providing, upon request, customized advice to the College, the Permanent Chambers, the European Prosecutors, the European Delegated Prosecutors and the operational units of the EPP0;
- Consulting with or providing customized advice to law enforcement authorities or other competent authorities of the participating Member States;
- Identifying and defining the needs for training of the EPP0's staff in the fields of its mandate.
It is also foreseen that the ARMLAB draws up an annual activity report for the College.