Current Legislative JHA Proposals
In view of the JHA Council meeting on 7-8 March 2019, the Romanian Council Presidency gave an overview of the current state of play of justice and home affairs legislative items. Criminal law-related items include, for instance:
- Legislative package on the interoperability of EU information systems in the area of justice and home affairs (see eucrim 3/2018, p. 157);
- Law enforcement access to financial information (see eucrim 1/2018, p. 13);
- Amendment of the Visa Information System;
- Proposal for a Regulation on preventing the dissemination of terrorist content online (seeeucrim 4/2018, p. 199);
- Directive on non-cash payment fraud (see eucrim 1/2018, p. 17);
- Regulation on European Production and Preservation Orders – the e-evidence regulation (see eucrim 4/2018, p. 206).
The items are to be adopted before the elections of the EP in May 2019.