Cooperation between EPPO and Luxembourgish FIU
On 18 August 2022, the EPPO signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Financial Intelligence Unit of Luxembourg (CRF, Cellule de renseignement financier). The MoU will provide a structured framework for cooperation between the Parties. It will facilitate the exchange of information about suspicious transactions or activities reports and other information (e.g. results of analyses) with regard to suspicious facts that may fall under EPPO’s competence. Provisions of the MoU relate to:
- The exchange of information and analytical support;
- Requests related to the suspension of suspicious financial operations;
- Confidentiality and onward transfer of information to third parties;
- Modalities of exchange of information;
- Exchange of strategic and other information;
- Contact persons;
- Meetings, trainings and workshops;
- Data protection rules.
It is the second formalised cooperation concluded by the EPPO with a FIU of an EU Member State after the MoU with the Italian FIU signed in June 2022 (→ eucrim 2/2022, 95).