Tackling Disinformation on the Internet
At the end of February 2022, the European Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) published an information video on how to tackle disinformation on the Internet. The practical guide consists of six key messages:
- To convey messages of hope instead of fear;
- To identify why a source is spreading information;
- To use personal storytelling to counter us-versus-them narratives;
- To find new ways to reach the targeted audience;
- To encourage the audience to help share reliable information;
- To stay one step ahead of disinformation campaigns.