JHAAN: Joint Paper on EU’s Solidarity with Ukraine
On 23 August 2022, the network of the EU Justice and Home Affairs Agencies (JHAAN) published a joint paper on their contributions to the EU’s solidarity with Ukraine. The paper outlines the main activities of CEPOL, EIGE, EMCDDA, EUAA, eu-LISA, Eurojust, Europol, FRA, and Frontex in key areas, for instance:
- The production of specific analytical products and reports;
- The identification of key fundamental rights challenges and ways to overcome them;
- Operational support in investigations of core international crimes allegedly committed in Ukraine;
- Provision of information and support to those displaced from home;
- Support to EU national authorities, especially in Member States bordering Ukraine and Moldova;
- Contributions to the enforcement of EU sanctions;
- Support to Ukrainian and Moldovan authorities.
Furthermore, by means of an interactive map, the individual and joint efforts of all nine agencies can be explored.
The joint paper was compiled by CEPOL, which currently chairs the JHAAN. The joint paper aims to present the European Institutions and the general public a concise, yet comprehensive document, to be used as a source of reference, on how the nine JHA Agencies support the EU and Member States and several EU partners in view of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It is considered as a living document to be regularly updated (as long as the current situation remains unchanged).