Fundamental Rights Forum 2018
From 25-27 September 2018, FRA hosted its annual Fundamental Rights Forum. The 3-day conference offered a wide range of topics and speakers. Over 600 participants attended. The representatives were from European and national human rights organisations, EU institutions and agencies, national authorities and parliaments, local authorities, legal practitioners, the business, sporting and arts worlds, as well as civil society and rights-holders.
During the forum, participation by the majority and variety of experts was used to collect ideas to counter the pressing human rights threats facing Europe. In particular, it addressed the following concerns:
- Increasing trust in institutions;
- Amplifying the voices of those most excluded and marginalised;
- Using local action as a catalyst for human rights and belonging;
- Implementing social rights to secure equal opportunities and fair working conditions;
- Strengthening belonging through inclusive education and employment.
Consequently, a variety of calls for action and commitments of the Agency are outlined in the Chair’s Statement, which was published after the forum.
InstitutionsAgency for Fundamental Rights (FRA)