Updated FRA's Overview of Forced Return Monitoring Systems
In September 2022, FRA published the annual update on its report on the forced return monitoring systems that EU Member States have set up under Art. 8(6) of the EU’s Return Directive (2008/115/EC). By means of a table comparing developments in the EU Member States, the report provides for an overview of the following aspects:
- The organisation responsible for monitoring forced return;
- The number of operations monitored in 2021;
- The phases of monitored return operations;
- The number of staff trained and working as monitors;
- Issued public reports about monitoring.