European Judicial Network (EJN) Creates Dedicated Brexit Area
The EJN has set up a dedicated area on its website, as well as a dedicated section in its judicial library, to assist legal practitioners looking for practical and legal information concerning the judicial cooperation between the EU and the UK as of 1 January 2021.
Letters from the UK Central Authority to its EU partners, e.g., concerning the notification of the competent authorities according to the Trade and Cooperation Agreement or the handling of European Investigation Orders received after the transition period, are recorded in the judicial library. In addition, the library contains:
- The text of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (in all EU languages);
- Forms for surrender, and Freezing/Confiscation (in all EU languages);
- Notification from the EU regarding the EPPO;
- Notifications from EU Member States regarding competent authorities;
- Numerous additional Brexit-related documents.
The EJN will regularly update the judicial library’s Brexit section. For a summary of the impacts of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement on the protection of the EU’s financial interests and European criminal law, as well as for a note from Eurojust on future judicial cooperation with the UK in criminal matters, see separate news items.