Eurojust Cooperation with the American Association of Public Prosecutors Offices
At the end of July 2022, Eurojust and the Ibero-American Association of Public Prosecutors Offices (AIAMP) signed a Working Arrangement to enhance their cooperation in the fight against intercontinental organised crime. AIAMP is an association representing 22 Ibero-American public ministries and national public prosecutor’s offices in the following partner countries: Andorra, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay, and Venezuela. The association has additionally set up seven permanent, specialised Ibero-American cooperation networks comprised of expert public prosecutors from all the Ibero-American public prosecutor´s offices:
- The AIAMP Criminal Cooperation Network (REDCOOP);
- The Network against Trafficking in Persons and Smuggling of Migrants (REDTRAM);
- The Cybercrime Network (CiberRed);
- The Network of Anti-Drug Prosecutors (RFAI);
- The Ibero-American Network of Prosecutors against Corruption;
- The Specialised Gender Network (REG);
- The Environmental Protection Network.
Under the Working Arrangement, Eurojust may establish new contact points with the AIAMP networks to combat criminal activities, such as drug trafficking, cybercrime, environmental crime, and migrant smuggling. In addition, the Working Arrangement includes provisions for the exchange of strategic information, communication with contact points, and for data protection.