24 to 25 September 2020 Brussels, Belgium
Whistleblower Protection in EuropeChallenges towards practical implementation of the EU Whistleblower Protection Directive
|Organizer||Academy of European Law (ERA)|
Until October 2021 EU Member States have to transpose the new Directive (EU) 2019/1937 on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law. The objective of this seminar will be to discuss practical challenges in implementation of the new Directive and to learn about good national practices in the field.
- Definition of “whistleblower”
- Obligations of authorities and companies
- Public disclosures
- Reporting channels
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Support and protection measures for whistleblowers
- Practical implementation of the Directive
- Remedies and best practices in Member States
- Relevant ECtHR case law
Who should attend?
Policymakers, ministry officials, ombudspersons, in-house counsel, lawyers, judges and prosecutors.
For further information, please consult the seminar programme.