Summer Course on the Rule of Law in the EU
This five-day course will provide a thorough introduction to the rule of law in the European Union.
- The rule of law in the case law of the CJEU and ECtHR
- EU Rule of Law Toolbox
- Conditionality mechanism
- Independence and authority of the judiciary in Europe
- Fair trial guarantees in European law
- Media freedom and pluralism
- Freedom of expression
- The role of civil society
Who should attend?
Legal practitioners seeking an introduction to the rule of law in the European Union.
Visit to the CJEU in Luxembourg
Participants in this summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg.