Summer Course on European Data Protection Law
|Organizer||Academy of European Law|
The aim of this online summer course is to give participants all the necessary tools for successful implementation of the GDPR in their daily practice. It will provide them with comprehensive knowledge of the fundamentals of European data protection law through the interactive study of both relevant legislation and case law. The course will combine presentations and practical workshop activities, all led by high-level experts in the field.
- The implementation and enforcement of the GDPR
- Protection of citizens’ digital rights and available remedies in practice
- How to build a compliance strategy on personal data protection?
- The role of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
- Crossroads of GDPR and e-privacy
- Data protection authorities’ tools for consistent GDPR implementation: one-stop shop, consistency mechanism, enforcement powers and harmonisation of sanctions, role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- The EU toolkit for international data transfers
- Data protection implications for social media, Big Data, cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, EU and national civil servants seeking an introduction to European data protection law.
Interactive Online Course
The course will be hosted on ERA’s own online training platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-quality speakers and other participants, and work collaboratively on case studies. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive training experience. As the platform is hosted on our own server, the highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely in a high-quality online training environment.