20 to 24 June 2022 Trier, Germany
Summer Course on European Data Protection Law
|Organizer||Academy of European Law|
|Venue||ERA Conference Centre, Metzer-Allee 4 / Trier, Germany|
The ERA summer course is intended to give participants an overview of the fundamentals of European data protection law. They will have the opportunity to interact with high-level experts who will help deal with everyday data protection issues.
- The fundamentals of European data protection law
- Crossroads of GDPR and e-Privacy
- Roles and responsibilities of data controllers, processors and (joined-) controllers
- Protection of citizens’ rights and available remedies in practice
- Supervision over data protection compliance at national and European level
- The role of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
- International data transfers
- Data protection and data security
- Handing personal data breaches
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- How to conduct a data protection audit
Who should attend?
This summer course will transmit basic knowledge in the field of European data protection law. It is addressed to lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, EU and national civil servants seeking an introduction to European data protection law.