09 to 13 September 2019 Trier, Germany
Summer Course on European Data Protection Law
|Organizer||ERA - Academy of European Law|
|Contact||Dr Magdalena Kędzior|
The aim of this summer course is to give participants all the necessary tools for successful implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation in their daily practice. It will provide them with comprehensive knowledge of the fundamentals of European data protection law through interactive study of both relevant legislation and case law. The course will combine presentations and practical workshop activities, all led by high-level experts in the field.
- The implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR): (extra-)territorial, personal and material scope, key features
- Protection of citizens’ digital rights and available remedies in practice
- How to build a compliance strategy on personal data protection?
- What is the role of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)?
- Data protection authorities’ tools for consistent GDPR implementation: One-Stop-Shop, consistency mechanism, enforcement powers and harmonisation of sanctions, role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- The EU toolkit for international data transfers
- Social media, big data, cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI)