Summer Course on European Criminal Justice (webinar)
|Organizer||Academy of European Law|
This webinar over five half-days will introduce legal practitioners to practical aspects of European criminal justice.
- The institutional framework of European criminal justice
- Brexit and cross-border cooperation in criminal matters: state of play
- Cooperation with Eurojust, EJN, Europol and the newly created EPPO
- Obtaining (e-)evidence with the proposed European Production and Preservation Orders and the EIO
- The rights to interpretation and translation, information, access to a lawyer, legal aid, and children in criminal proceedings
- EU legislation on terrorism, cyber-crime, migrant smuggling and THB
- Asset recovery and anti-money laundering measures in the EU
- Criminal records and the supervision of pre-trial detention, custodial sentences and probation
- The jurisdiction of the CJEU
- Data protection in criminal procedures
- Victims’ rights in the EU
Who should attend?
Judges, public prosecutors, defence lawyers, police officers and civil servants seeking an introduction to European criminal justice.
For more details about the conference programme, fees, and online registration procedure, please consult the event website.