Privacy and Data Protection: Recent ECtHR & CJEU Case Law
The online seminar will provide legal practitioners with an update on the case law developed by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) and by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) with relevance for privacy and data protection law. It will focus primarily on developments since 2020.
- The concepts of privacy and personal data protection
- Mass surveillance and intelligence-sharing
- Disclosure of personal data in the law enforcement context
- One-stop-shop mechanism in cross-border cases
- First guidance on the application and interpretation of the Law Enforcement Directive
- Balancing personal data protection with the freedom of expression and the right to access information
- Data retention and access of law enforcement to telecommunications data
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, judges, European and national civil servants and other legal practitioners dealing with privacy and data protection law.
Interactive online seminar
The seminar will be hosted on ERA’s own online platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-level speakers and other participants. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive experience. As the platform is hosted on our own server, the highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely in this high-quality online conference.