Privacy and Data Protection: Recent ECtHR & CJEU Case Law
|Organizer||Academy of European Law (ERA)|
|Venue||ERA Conference Center, Metzer Allee 4 / Trier, Germany|
The hybrid seminar will provide legal practitioners with an update on the case law developed by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) and by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) with relevance for privacy and data protection law. It will focus primarily on developments since 2021.
- The concepts of privacy and personal data protection
- Processing of sensitive personal data
- Passenger Name Records (PNR) in Europe
- Employment termination of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Representative standing in data protection cases
- Processing of personal data by tax authorities
- Disclosure of personal data in the law enforcement context
- Balancing personal data protection with the freedom of expression and the right to access information
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, judges, European and national civil servants, and other legal practitioners dealing with privacy and data protection law.
This is a hybrid event. Participants can participate either face-to-face in Trier or online and they can switch the participation method at no cost until one day before the event.
For further information on the programme, fees, registration, etc., see the event website.