Privacy and Data Protection Recent ECtHR & CJEU Case Law
|Organizer||Academy of European Law (ERA)|
|Venue||ERA Conference Centre, Metzer Allee 4 / Trier, Germany|
The seminar will provide legal practitioners with an update on the case law developed by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) and by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) with relevance for privacy and data protection law. It will focus primarily on developments since 2017.
- The concept of personal data
- Balancing personal data protection with the right to information
- Criminal record databases and the right to data protection
- Surveillance methods: the employer’s right to access their employees' private communications
- Consistency of the European Commission’s standard contractual clause decisions with data protection standards
- The right to be forgotten: delisting of sensitive personal data
- Confidentiality of electronic communications, obligations relating to the retention of traffic and location data
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, judges, European and national civil servants and other legal practitioners dealing with privacy and data protection law.
For further information on the programme, fees and online registration, see the conference website.