27 to 28 June 2022 Lago d'Iseo, Italy
International Extraditon and the European Arrest Warrant 2022Advanced Seminar
|Venue||Hotel Cocca, Via Predore, 75, 24067 Sarnico BG / Lago d'Iseo, Italy|
|Contact||Prof. Stefano Maffei|
In 2002, the EU replaced traditional extradition - based upon multilateral/bilateral treaties - with the European Arrest Warrant (EAW). 20 years later, this two-day international seminar investigates current worldwide developments in extradition law.
- Extradition basics (domestic and international regulations)
- National reports on extradition by keynote speakers
- The impact of COVID19 on extradition cases
- How to challenge an extradition request and the rights of fugitive suspects
- Famous extradition cases (Assange, Polanski, Pinochet, etc...)
- Unlawful and disguised forms of extradition (i.e. extraordinary rendition, expulsion of aliens)
Criminal defence attorneys, federal and state judges, prosecutors, federal law enforcement, academic lawyers with an interest in criminal justice, human rights and comparative law.
What you will bring home
- in-depth knowledge of extradition and EAW law;
- review of recent developments in extradition case-law (ECJ, ECHR and selected domestic Supreme Courts);
- a set of skills for extradition cases;
- a set of “lines of argument” for extradition cases;
- useful extradition material, including cases, literature and samples of authentic EAWs;
- a network of colleagues expert in extradition-related matters.