Human Rights and Criminal Procedure: Recent ECtHR Case Law
This online seminar will provide an update on the case law of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) with regard to the rights of the defence in criminal procedures. It will focus primarily, but not exclusively, on developments in 2023 and 2024.
Furthermore, legal practitioners will learn how to successfully file an application with the ECtHR, looking at best practices, dos and don’ts from a defence lawyer’s perspective.
- The rights of the defence in criminal procedures
- Making a valid application to the ECtHR
- Rule 39 in criminal cases and extradition matters
- Access to a lawyer, surveillance of communication and legal privilege in criminal cases
- Unlawfully gathered evidence and the right for a fair trial
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, government officials, judges, and prosecutors.
Interactive Online Seminar
The online seminar will be hosted on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-level speakers and other participants. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive experience. The highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely in this high-quality online seminar.
Details on the program, fee and registration can be found on the seminar website.