Freezing, Confiscating and Recovering the Proceeds of Crime Tools, experiences and challenges in the recovery of assets
|Organizer||Academy of European Law (ERA)|
|Venue||ERA, Metzer Allee 4 / Trier, Germany|
This conference will analyse the current European framework for the freezing, confiscation and recovery of assets, focusing on the changes being implemented in recent years. It will also shed light on the international legal and policy framework. The role and responsibilities of the private sector will be addressed, as will the best administrative and judicial practices in EU Member States.
- The international legal and policy framework: UN, CoE and OECD standards
- EU action on asset recovery: Directive 2014/42/EU on the freezing and confiscation of instrumentalities and proceeds of crime
- Update on the Directive’s transposition in the Member States
- Legal challenges and the role of the private sector in criminal asset recovery
- Best administrative and judicial practice in EU Member States
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, judges, prosecutors, government officials and other stakeholders