20 to 24 June 2022 Online
Summer Course on European Criminal JusticeIncluding the Latest Developments on e-Evidence and the EU Police Cooperation Package
|Organizer||Academcy of European Law (ERA)|
This online summer course over five half-days will introduce legal practitioners to practical aspects of European criminal justice.
- The institutional framework of European criminal justice
- Digitalisation and AI
- Obtaining (e-)evidence
- Mutual recognition instruments – such as the EAW – under the jurisdiction of the CJEU
- Cooperating with Europol, Eurojust, EJN, and the EPPO
- The proposed EU Police Cooperation Code
- Procedural rights in the EU
- EU legislation on terrorism, cybercrime, THB, environmental crime and new Euro-crimes
- Asset recovery in the EU
- The supervision of pre-trial detention, custodial sentences and probation
- Victims’ rights in the EU
Who should attend?
Judges, public prosecutors, defence lawyers, police officers and civil servants seeking an introduction to European criminal justice.
The summer course will be hosted on ERA’s own online training platform. Participants will be able to interact immediately and directly with top-quality speakers and other participants, break out into working groups and work collaboratively on case studies and quizzes. For more information on the programme, registration and fees, see the event website.