17 to 18 October 2019 Trier, Germany
Defence in Future EPPO ProceedingsSpecial Focus on Legal Aid
|Organizer||ERA - Academy of European Law|
This seminar will make legal practitioners familiar with the forthcoming European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO), which should become fully operational by the end of 2020. Cooperation with the EPPO will become part of the practice of prosecutors, law enforcement and customs officials, judges as well as defence lawyers from all over the EU. Hence, this seminar offers defence lawyers a timely introduction to their forthcoming participation in EPPO proceedings.
- Cornerstones of the EPPO related to defence issues
- Defence in cross-border investigations and in EPPO proceedings
- Structure, status and competences of the EPPO
- Legal aid in the EU and under the EPPO Regulation
- Procedural safeguards in the EU and in EPPO proceedings
- Judicial review and remedies in EPPO proceedings
- The PIF Directive and its implementation in the EU Member States
Who should attend?
This seminar is especially targeted at defence lawyers but also open to prosecutors and judges from all EU Member States.