Criminal Law and Human Rights: Recent ECtHR Case Law
This online seminar will provide legal practitioners with a detailed update on the case law provided by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) with relevance for criminal law and criminal procedure. It will focus primarily, but not exclusively, on developments in 2021 and 2022.
- The effects of the Russian aggression against Ukraine
- Right to a fair trial by an independent tribunal
- Developments in the right to access to a lawyer
- Effects of unlawful gathering of evidence on the fairness of proceedings in criminal matters
- ECtHR case law on cross-border criminal matters (extradition and the EAW, detention conditions, mutual legal assistance etc.)
- Surveillance of lawyersꞌ communications
- Submitting a case to the ECtHR
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, judges, prosecutors, prison authorities, police and government officials.
Interactive online seminar
The seminar will be hosted on ERA’s own online platform. Participants will be able to interact immediately and directly with top-level speakers and other participants. ERA will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive experience. As the platform is hosted on ERA's own server, the highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely in this high-quality online seminar.