Countering Migrant Smuggling • Judicial and law enforcement investigations • Criminalisation of humanitarian assistance • Root causes and cooperation with third countries
|Organizer||Academy of European Law|
|Venue||ERA Conference Center, Metzer Allee 4 / Trier, Germany|
This seminar will analyse the latest developments and challenges faced within the EU in dealing with and countering migrant smuggling. This will be done within the context of the ongoing shifting routes of irregular migration and issues being faced in relation to the criminalisation of the facilitation of irregular migration vs. the giving of humanitarian assistance, as well as how enhancing cooperation with third countries can assist in countering migrant smuggling and its root causes.
- Update on the UN and EU policy and legal framework to prevent and counter migrant smuggling: latest amendments and new proposals
- Latest judicial, law enforcement and border management actions at EU and Member States’ level in countering migrant smuggling networks
- Issues faced with the criminalisation of humanitarian assistance to irregular migrants
- Investigating financial flows of migrant smuggling networks
- Return policy, cooperation with third countries in countering migrant smuggling and its root causes
Who should attend?
Ministry officials, judges, prosecutors, law enforcement officers, lawyers in private practice and NGOs.
For details on the conference programme, fees and registration, see the conference website.