Conference on extradition and surrender
Leiden University, Utrecht University and Maastricht University are organizing a two day conference on extradition and surrender, offering a venue for practitioners and young scholars to exchange experiences and ideas on these subject matters. We aim to:
- Identify current trends and issues in both extradition law and the European arrest warrant mechanism (EAW);
- Identify the further impact (or: side-effects, such as harmonising effects) of recent case-law on extradition and surrender on national criminal law and procedure:
- Discuss potential approaches to occurring and recurring obstacles to extradition and surrender;
- Discuss possible future initiatives in the areas of extradition and surrender;
- Involve practitioners and early-career researchers and offer the latter a platform to discuss their ideas with senior experts.
The dual theme of the conference is scrutinized from three different angles, which build three streams, both at the plenary sessions and in the working groups.