Case Law of the European Court of Human Rights on Detention in 2017-2018
|Organizer||ERA Academy of European Law|
|Venue||EYCS (European Youth Centre), 30 rue Pierre de Coubertin, F-67000 Strasbourg / Strasbourg, France|
The seminar will provide legal practitioners with an update on the case law delivered by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) – mainly in 2017 and 2018 – regarding detention matters. The seminar will explain how legal practitioners can make best use of this case law in their day-to-day practice.
- Latest developments on detention conditions
- Solitary confinement
- Abuse of pre-trial detention and the right to liberty
- Detention and the right to fair trial: Ibrahim and others v. UK –the end of Salduz?
- Life without parole?
- Intersection between the ECtHR case law on detention and EU law regarding the EAW and third-country extradition
- The effect of ECtHR rulings on national systems
- Measures and initiatives to achieve common prison and detention standards in the EU
- Submitting a case to the Strasbourg Court
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, judges, prosecutors, prison authorities, police and government officials dealing with detention.
EYCS (European Youth Centre) 30 rue Pierre de Coubertin F-67000 Strasbourg