Asylum and Human Rights: Recent ECtHR Case Law
|Academy of European Law
The online seminar will provide legal practitioners with an update on the case law developed by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) with relevance for asylum law. It will focus primarily on developments in 2018 and 2019.
- Human rights and legitimacy in the implementation of asylum and migration law
- Protection against return to face a risk of ill treatment (refoulement)
- Rule 39 interim measures and Article 34 ECHR
- Lawfulness of detention of asylum-seekers according to Article 5 ECHR
- Protection of the right to family life and right to private life based on Article 8 ECHR
- Protection of vulnerable groups
Who should participate in the online seminar?
Lawyers in private practice, judges, European and national civil servants and other legal practitioners dealing with asylum law.
For more details about the conference programme, fees, and online registration procedure, please consult the event website.