27 to 28 September 2021 Lubljana, Slovenia
Applying the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union - Lubljana
|Organizer||Academy of European Law|
The participants will obtain sound knowledge of the scope and interpretation of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (“the Charter”), as well as its relationship with other legal instruments protecting fundamental rights in Europe. The focus will be on the application in practice of the provisions concerning the right to a fair trial.
- Fundamental rights protection in Europe
- Scope of application and interpretation of the Charter in national legal orders
- Article 6 of the ECHR and Article 47 of the Charter
- Independence and impartiality of tribunals
- Effective judicial protection
- Art. 47 of the Charter limitations
- Right to an oral (public) hearing
- Legal aid
The number of places available is limited (30 places). Participation will be subject to a selection procedure. Application deadline: 22 August 2021.
Who should attend?
Judges, prosecutors and other judicial staff from an EU Member State (except Denmark), Albania and Montenegro.