Applying Procedural Rights in the Case Law of the CJEU
Due to force majeure the event was postponed.
New dates will be announced in due course.
This seminar will present the significant case law developed by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) on the six “Procedural Rights Directives”, enabling the consistent and uniform application of EU law.
- Update on the state of play regarding the EU Directives on procedural rights
- The rights to interpretation and translation, information, presumption of innocence, legal aid and access to a lawyer in the case law of the CJEU
- Key judgments of the ECtHR
- The position of children in criminal proceedings
- The competence of the CJEU in criminal matters
- The need for further procedural rights in the EU
Visit to the CJEU in Luxembourg
Participants in this seminar will also have the opportunity to attend a hearing at the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) in Luxembourg.
- The number of places available for participants is limited and subject to an application procedure.
- Spanish applicants who work for the prosecution service must apply for this event through CEJ.
- Seminar participation fee:
€200 including documentation, lunches and dinner.
- Travel and accommodation:
Travel costs up to €300 and two nights' hotel accommodation up to €100/night will be reimbursed by ERA upon receipt of the original receipts, tickets, boarding passes or invoices after the seminar. Participants are asked to book their own travel and accommodation.
- These rules do not apply to representatives of EU Institutions and Agencies who should cover their own travel and accommodation.
Who should attend?
This seminar is targeted at judges, prosecutors, defence lawyers, court interpreters as well as prison and probation staff from all over the EU. Participants in this seminar will also have the opportunity to attend a hearing at the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) in Luxembourg.
For more details about the conference programme, fees, and online registration procedure, please consult the event website.