Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Services in the EU
This seminar will focus on the amendments to the existing AML regime brought about by the 5th AMLD.
- The amended 4th AMLD
- Expansion of the beneficial ownership regime
- Abuse of the banking system for money-laundering/terrorist financing (ML/TF)
- International developments in AML
- New players: virtual currencies and pre-paid cards
- The expanded powers of financial intelligence units
- Data sensitivity issues: have you considered the GDPR?
- Protection for AML whistleblowers
- The link to FinTech and Crypto Space
- The AMLD5-PSD2 connection
- Tax avoidance
Who should attend?
Anti-money laundering officers, compliance officers, tax and FinTech lawyers, government officials, professionals in the gambling and payment services sectors and other stakeholders working in the financial services sector.
Apply for a scholarship:
The German Bundesbank Mainz has generously offered to sponsor the participation of a number of legal practitioners.