Annual Forum on Combating Corruption in the EU 2018
The overall objective of the Commission Anti-Fraud Strategy is to improve the prevention, detection and conditions for investigations of fraud whilst achieving an adequate level of reparation and deterrence.
This annual forum will scrutinise the different steps of the “anti-fraud cycle” starting from prevention, passing through detection, investigation and sanctioning, all the way to the recovery.
- Prevention, detection and investigation techniques in the Member States;
- Recovering proportions of funds lost due to fraud;
- Deterring future fraud through appropriate penalties;
- Work carried out by the private sector in preventing fraud;
- The European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO).
The conference language is English.
The conference is addressed to judges, prosecutors, government officials, in-house counsel, lawyers in private practice and other stakeholders. It is also designed as a forum for the presidents and members of the national associations for the protection of the financial interests of the European Union.
For more information and online registration, please click here.
The annual forum on combating corruption scrutinises the different steps of the “anti-fraud cycle” starting from prevention, passing through detection, investigation and sanctioning, all the way to the recovery.