Annual Conference on Law and Financial Innovation 2021
|Organizer||Academy of European Law (ERA)|
|Venue||ERA Conference centre, Metzer Allee 4 / Trier, Germany|
|Contact||Jens Hillebrand Pohl|
This year’s annual conference will provide a comprehensive update on the state of play in financial technology and innovation from a legal perspective, focusing on the Commission’s Digital Finance Package, data-driven financial supervision and financial compliance; and the regulation of virtual assets.
The conference will analyse the latest developments in different areas of financial regulation and business law with respect to FinTech, RegTech and SupTech and look ahead at the regulatory and legislative agenda.
- Update on EU proposals to regulate the markets in crypto-assets (MICA proposal)
- Sustainability and FinTech
- EU pilot regime for market infrastructures based on distributed ledger technology (DLT)
- Digital operational resilience for the financial sector
- Virtual assets service providers: emerging legal issues
- Stablecoins and CBDCs: the new frontier of the crypto space
The conference is designed for EU & national regulators/supervisors, legal officers in financial services sectors (FinTech, payment services), lawyers in private practice, compliance officers.
The conference will be held in hybrid form (face-to-face and online).
For details on the programme, etc., see the event website.