Post-Covid Challenges in Criminal Justice
The objective of this event is to help legal practitioners tackle the challenges and difficulties linked to online investigations. The seminar will provide participants with a thorough understanding of the internet’s architecture and key concepts. It will then analyse the legal challenges related to digital investigations, enabling participants to grasp the complex issues related to admissibility of e-evidence in court, with a special focus on internet searches.
- Technical issues (internet caches, proxy servers, encryption, deep/dark web, etc.)
- Legal issues (evaluation of the search results, reliability and credibility of authentication, search across jurisdictions)
- Challenges posed by websites, social networks, emails, clouds, text messaging and other computer-generated or stored documents
- Presenting internet searches in court: prosecution and defence perspectives
- Internet search results in court: a new evidentiary frontier for the judge?
Who should attend?
Judges, prosecutors and lawyers in private practice from EU Member States.
Details on the program, fee and registration can be found on the seminar website.