Computer Forensics in Legal Proceedings Computer forensics and online investigations: websites and social media
|Organizer||Academy of European Law (ERA)|
Online Conference on
21 September 2020 - 08:30-12:45 CEST
22 September 2020 - 08:45-13:00 CEST
The main objective of this online seminar is to train EU legal practitioners on the fundamentals of computer forensics enabling them to gain an understanding of the complex challenges related to criminal cases with tech/internet components. This event will address online investigations with particular focus on searches on websites and social media platforms.
- Online investigations on websites
- Investigating social media (open and covert)
- Demonstration of a forensic tool
- e-Evidence and the admissibility test
About the Project
This online seminar is part of a large-scale project sponsored by the European Commission entitled “Basic computer forensics skills for EU legal practitioners: practice-oriented training courses to meet the challenges of new technologies”. It consists of six seminars to take place in Vilnius, Lisbon, Zagreb, Prague, Trier and Barcelona.
- Registration fee: € 55
- The number of places available is limited (30 places).
- Target group: judges, prosecutors and lawyers in private practice.
- Participation will be subject to a selection procedure.
- A response will be sent to every applicant after the deadline.
- Spanish applicants who work for the prosecution service must apply for this event through CEJ.
- Participants should come from eligible EU Member States ( Denmark does not participate in the Justice Programme 2014-2020).
Who should attend?
Judges, prosecutors and lawyers in private practice from EU Member States (Denmark does not participate in the Justice Programme 2014-2020).
Interactive online conference
The online conference will be hosted on ERA’s own online training platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-quality speakers and other participants. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive training experience.As the platform is hosted on our own server, the highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely in a high-quality online training environment.