12. EU-Strafrechtstag geht der rechtsstaat in europa unter?
|Venue||Universitätsclub Bonn, Konviktstr. 9 / Bonn, Germany|
|Contact||Strafverteidigervereinigung NRW e.V.|
The "EU-Strafrechtstag", which is organised by the criminal defence lawyers' association of North-Rhine Westphalia in cooperation with Dr. Anna Oehmichen (defence lawyer at Knierim & Kollegen, Mainz), has meanwhile a long tradition in Germany. It not only convenes defence lawyers, but is open to all interested in learning more about current development in European criminal law from a practical perspective. This year's seminar focuses on the consequences of the erosion of rule of law in some Member States for the cooperation within the EU. Other topics include:
- Impact of Brexit on cooperation in criminal matters;
- Challenges for the harmonisation of substantive criminal law, in particular in view of artificial intelligence.
A part of the seminar which is especially designed for legal practitioners deals with the following topics:
- Current developments regarding data retention;
- Call for reform of the European Arrest Warrant;
- Practical problems in the framework of the European Arrest Warrant following the CJEU's judgment in Petruhhin;
- Defence of sea rescue staff;
- Strengthening of procedural safeguards at the EU level.
The conference language is German. For further information, see the conference programme.