Procedural Rights in the EU: Status Quo and the Need for Further Measures
|Organizer||Academy of European Law (ERA)|
|Venue||Centro de Estudos Judiciários (CEJ), Largo do Limoeiro / Lisbon, Portugal|
This conference aims at presenting an update on the state of play regarding the six EU Directives on procedural rights and discussing the need for further measures at EU level. The conference will offer lectures, round-tables and discussions for judges, prosecutors, defence lawyers, court interpreters, as well as prison and probation staff from all over the EU.
- Update on the state of play regarding the EU Directives on procedural rights
- The need for further measures in the EU
- Legal aid and access to a lawyer in the EU
- The position of children in criminal proceedings
- Presumption of innocence
- Access to case files
- CJEU case law and questions of quality regarding the right to interpretation and translation
- Practical experiences with the application of the Directives from different Member States
- Procedural rights in the context of the European Arrest Warrant, pre-trial detention and detention
- Procedural rights in the context of evidence-gathering
Who should attend?
Judges, prosecutors, defence lawyers, court interpreters as well as prison and probation staff from all over the EU.
For details about funding,conference programme, admission, and fees, please consult the event website.